You are in : Youth Program > International Contests
|II International Best Diploma Projects
Show-Competition "For an ecological future"
Architecture, Environment & Design" Florence 17th February - 17th March 2005
|BEST DIPLOMA SHOW-COMPETITION 2005 OPEN WORLD WIDE
VIEW THE WORKS
“FOR AN ECOLOGICAL FUTURE
ARCHITECTURE, ENVIRONMENT AND DESIGN”
It is the second edition
of an international exhibition of diploma projects addressed to Universities/Faculties/Institutes in the field of Architecture, Environment and Design, for the presentation of diploma projects of their students made during the solar years 2003-2004.
DEADLINE FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THE WORKS: Monday, 15th of November 2004
EXHIBITION ON-LINE: Wednesday, 1st of December 2004 – Monday, 31st of January 2005
INTERNATIONAL JURY ON LINE: Tuesday, 1st of February – Saturday 12th of February 2005
OPENING OF THE FINAL EXHIBITION: Thursday 17th of February 2005
AWARDING TO THE BEST CONTRIBUTION: Saturday, 19th of February 2005
A yearly World Wide Event is promoted by the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation and organised by Fl.e.m.in.g. Youth (FLorence Enterprise Meetings for an INternational Growth of the Youth) with an International Show-Competition titled
“For an ecological future” Architecture, Environment and Design"
Modern Society is worried about the problems of sustainability of our civilization and we consider this topic of high actuality. For this reason, the International Show-Competition will be open to all Universities, in the fields of Architecture, Environment, Engineering, Design and Technology, by presenting diploma projects with ecologic characteristics in the fields above mentioned; interdisciplinary diploma projects are also welcome.
Universities from all Countries all over the world are invited to participate.
• Prof. Emma Mandelli, Ordinary Professor at Dept. of Architecture Design at Florence University
• Prof. Galina Polyanskaya, Dean of the Architectural Department, Byelorussian State Polytechnical Academy
Florence Commission of Experts:
Prof. Luciano Alberti Musical Academy of Florence
Dr. Maurizio Bossi Head of the Centro Romantico (Romantic Studies Centre) of Gabinetto Scientifico Letterario G.P Vieusseux of Florence
Prof. Angelo Cetica Faculty of Architecture, University of Florence
Dr. Francesco Civita Curator of Japanese Section of Stibbert Museum of Florence
Prof. Emma Mandelli Faculty of Architecture, University of Florence
Dr. Antonio Natali Director of the Renaissance and Mannerism Department Uffizi Gallery
Prof. Piero Paoli President of C.I.S.D.U., Faculty of Architecture, University of Florence
Dr. Carlo Sisi Director of Modern Art Gallery in Florence
Prof. Gennaro Tampone Faculty of Architecture, University of Florence, President of “Collegio degli Ingegneri della Toscana”
For further details about Best Diploma past edition click here
1. How many diploma projects from each faculty?
No more than 3 projects, one for each nomination
2. What are the fields of the Diploma projects?
Architecture, Environment and Design, innovative from the ecological point of view.
3. How many Professors should come to Florence?
Maximum 3 Professors can participate: the relevant representatives of the Faculty or the three curator Professors of the Projects.
HOW TO APPLY – FINAL DEADLINE
Within 15TH NOVEMBER 2004 the Foundation must receive:
1. the Application form anticipated by fax (+39055283260) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2. the Certificate of Payment of the “FEES” (not repayable) to be effected into the current account IBAN IT04S0616002828000005512C00 made out to:
Fleming Youth Srl
- Best Diploma Show-Competition Florence 2005 -
Via del Giglio 10 – 50123 Firenze – Italy
3. the Projects (with the hard copy of the Application form) with the following layout, at the address:
Fondazione Romualdo Del Bianco
Palazzo Coppini – Via del Giglio, 10
50123 Firenze – Italia
Projects must be presented in ENGLISH in the following formats:
Maximum n° 2 A3 format of original works
Maximum n° 2 A4 format with text in English (total of 4.000 characters spaces included)
INDICATING: name, surname, university, town, country, topic (Architecture, Environment and Design), title of the project, Name of curator Professor of the Project.
1 CD-ROM with:
– maximum 10 MB
– maximum 10 slides for a total of 30 seconds
– programme MICROSOFT POWER POINT
INDICATING: author’s name and surname, university, town, country, topic (Architecture, Environment and Design), title of the project and Name of curator Professor of the Project.
WHEREAS THE PROJECTS PRESENTED DO NOT RESPECT THE RULED LAYOUT OR THE TOPICS, OR EXCEED IN LENGTH OR DIMENSION, FLORENCE COMMISSION OF EXPERTS WILL DECIDE OR TO UNIFORM THE MATERIAL OR TO EXCLUDE THE CANDIDATE FROM THE SHOW COMPETITION.
All the works will be published on the FLY YOUTH WEB SITE www.flemingyouth.it
- The International Jury On Line will be from 1st of February – 12th of February 2005.
- Each Faculty representative has to express 3 votes, one in each field, representing its own Faculty.
- The voting has to be done on-line through the web site. It is forbidden to vote its own works.
AWARDING OF THE BEST CONTRIBUTION
The winner candidates will win a stay in Florence for 7 days in a three stars hotel of VIVAHOTEL group, room only. Italian participants will win a stay in Moscow for 7 days in a three stars hotel, room only.
1. EXHIBITION IN FLORENCE: 1 month from February 17th till March 17th 2005
2. THE VIRTUAL EXHIBITION: 6 months
During the virtual exhibition will be given also to the public the possibility to express their preference.
- 100 Euro for each Diploma Project presented
- 70 Euro per person taking part to the show-competition in Florence
Reduction of 50% for the Institutions and their staff, that have already signed the cooperation agreement with the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation at the moment of enrolment, as published in the web site of the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation
Fees also include:
– 1 Welcome dinner
– 1 ‘Opening of the Exhibition’ cocktail
– 1 ‘Conclusive’ Dinner
– Entrance to Florence Museums
– Possibility to use the Discount Canteen Service Card, for Florence Canteen Services in the City Centre
1. The Foundation is not obliged to return to the participants the diploma projects presented;
2. The Foundation is free to decide if and how to use, to publish and reproduce the works received, both directly than through third persons, without paying any compensation. The author of the diploma project, by applying for the participation, declares he is only interested in the spreading of the knowledge of the diploma presented itself.
3. Participants consent to the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation the free use of their name, likeness and projects presented, without any compensation, for competition advertising and publicity purposes (also trough Internet), for conducting on-line voting, as well as to favour the knowledge of the Foundation’s no profit activity of international integration among people from different cultures and countries; all of this also trough third persons.
4. The Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation is not responsible for any reproduction, spreading and showing of the diploma projects presented, also in a public way.
5. For any interpretation, Italian version of the contests counts.
6. The participation entails full acceptance of regulation as above.
Vivahotels, as supporter of the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation, will provide esclusively
for this event a special 10% discount on the lowest rate published on its website
the participants who will book a room in one of the following hotels in Florence:
Vivahotel Alexander Novoli****
Vivahotel Laurus al Duomo****
Vivahotel Pitti Palace al Ponte Vecchio***
Vivahotel Capitol S. Croce***
Vivahotel Fleming Novoli***
Please contact Vivahotels Reservation Centre in order to check the availability
and your preferential rate to the following numbers within 10th January 2005:
telephone+39 055 294687
fax +39 055 290730
In case you prefer 5 stars hotel accommodation, please contact World Site Hotels
& Travel trough email@example.com
5 Stars Hotels
Rates Double single use Double Supplement HB
Hotel Savoy Euro 246.40 Euro 327.80
Grand Hotel Villa Medici Euro 264.00 Euro 330.00 Euro 50.00 p.p
Hotel Helvetia & Bristol Euro 323.00 Euro 347.00
THIS INITIATIVE IS ALSO CONNECTED WITH OTHER TWO EVENTS: