education in the area of monument restoration and cultural heritage preservation in an authentic historic environment;
- study of cultural, technical and economic background of the historic town restoration;
- learning about historic building materials, technologies, constructions, and traditional use and maintenance of buildings;
preparation work on seminar projects, studio drawings and thesis;
scientific and research work focused on assessment, documentation and management of a communal monument fund;
information, advisory and educational activities for those who are involved in the process of monument restoration;
collaboration with Slovak and partner universities and institutions form abroad.
Educational Commercial Activities
seminars, workshops, conferences, exhibitions and other professional events;
organisation of special seminars and profiled excursions with the topic
- the medieval wall painting in the Slovakia (the riches collections of medieval frescos in Europe northly of Alpes)
- the architecture of rennaisance in the heart of Europe (burgeous houses, palaces, villas, bellfries, fortifications, e.g. in Slovakia, Poland, Hungary).
- curiosities of world science and technique in the Slovakia (ingeneering works on the List UNESCO, Magna Via-famous postal road.
- the first suspension roof in the world in Banska Bystrica
teaching of selected subjects related to monument conservation;
educational and informative stays (e.g. Summer with Monuments);
readers lectures use and preservation of cultural heritage
rent of its facilities for organizing of occasional professional events (5 seminary rooms, 200 m2),
courses of drawing and exhibition of student works;
occasional cultural and social events.
The goals of Summer school are to train ability for identification of cultural heritage values there where they donot idetified, presentied or deciared till,
to type the individual values of cultural heritage into the generic groups,
the handyness of primary (basic) documentation of historic buildings, artistic and values
The summary of school activities
Brief excursion throught the history of architecture, throught the linked visual and decorative arts - the presentation and charaktersation of locality of Banska Stiavnica in the time space links in the frame of general history of architecture and arts.
Detailed description and charakteristic of various type of architectural and natural heritage and monuments:
- sacral architecture
- ancient urban coplexies
- native architecture
- archeological troves and areas
- the monuments of technology, science and hand work
- castels and mannor houses with gardens
The preservation of nature and landscape
- the cultural paysage
- protected natural areas and natural signeleness
The basic principles of heritage preservation and restauration
The bases of historic objects documentation (drawing, measuring, fotodocumentating) and presentations